A humongous THANK YOU to Megan from A Geeky Gal for the nomination! If you haven’t check out her blog, you should as it’s really authentic and filled with inspiring geeky stories. I really love her writing. Oh, and I love her questions too! 🙂
Gamer Grills is still a pretty new blog as Shanine and I just started this blog this year, so it’s such an honor to be nominated this award!
Now, on to the questions! They’ll be answered by not just me, but Shanine as well. ❤
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What song do you think makes people remember you?
2. What character would you choose to be your best friend?
Yan: Phoebe Buffay from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I value authenticity so admire that she’s non-pretentious and isn’t afraid to stay true to herself. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind and most importantly, she projects a positive aura in her own unique and weird way.
Shanine: Julia from The Magicians. I admire her tenacity and focus.
3. What book do you need to read/game you need to play/show you need to watch still?
Shanine: Fight Club, as recommended by bestie Yan.
Editorial use only. No book cover usage. Mandatory Credit: Photo by Moviestore/REX/Shutterstock (1580107a) Fight Club, Brad Pitt Film and Television
4. Have you smashed any personal goals recently?
Yan: Yes! I set a goal for myself to learn a new recipe that’s healthy and I’m so glad I did it! I’m a beginner in cooking so I’m very proud of myself to successfully cook myself something healthy and yummy. The recipe was cannellini bean, carrot and kale soup.
Shanine: Yes , I leveled up to lieutenant in Dota Underlords, the new autochess game. Yes I’m addicted and I love it!
5. If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and play?
Shanine: Now that’s a difficult question. They should read Ender’s Game, not because I am like Ender, but his overthinking sounds like me. Overanalyzing is my thing, whether it is games, people or ideas. Watch: Harry Potter. Addict. Play: Dragon Age Origins, as the mage class.
6. List your favorite fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
Yan: Game of Thrones: Sansa Stark, Star Wars: Padme, Harry Potter: Harry Potter, X-men: Professor X.
Shanine: Harry Potter, – won’t say I identified with any of them, I was much too young when it first came out to really have any deep introspective thoughts. The Magicians, Julia- I love her enthusiasm/desperation for magic. She will go to any lengths to learn magic. I feel I would definitely do the same in her position.
7. What are three things that you are enjoying right now?
Yan: Blogging, maintaining meaningful relationships and making art.
Shanine: Ipoh chicken leg and dota. It works if you play spirit breaker and it’s the most beautiful thing in the world.
8. What is your favorite YouTube channel?
Yan: Marzia’s (Pewdiepie’s girlfriend) YouTube channel. I love her personality, fashion and interests. But ever since she closed down her channel, my second favourite is KimDao’s channel. Love her sense of fashion, her love for Japan and the fact that she’s quite the Potterhead herself.
Shanine: The Try Guys, I love watching them to random hilarious things. Some of which I’ve always wanted to do.
9. List three of your favorite songs right now.
Yan: Algorithm by MUSE, Festival of Light by Audiomachine, Heart of Courage by Two Steps from Hell.
Shanine: Some Nights by Fun, Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga and You are My Sunshine by Copeland. Yes, three vastly different songs.
10. What are some ways you practice self care that others might consider different or weird?
Yan: I put my legs on the wall to improve blood circulation. I see a psychologist and a psychiatrist. I pray to God and try to follow the basic teachings of Buddhism.
Shanine: I write my feelings away. Gratitude – practice the 3 things day gratitude list.
11. What is the hardest part about blogging?
Yan: Having more things to blog about usually means I’m more active in my life resulting to less time to blog about them!
Shanine: Cleaning my apartment-bloggers will understand (it usually happens as I try to start writing).
My Questions to my nominees:
- What are the top 3 games or apps that you play or use to destress?
- What’s the most meaningful lesson that you’ve learnt through which movie or game or book?
- Describe in detail of a customized fantasy character that you can create of yourself.
- What’s your top 3 favourite movies and games of all time?
- Describe your greatest real-life adventure!
- Do you have a playlist that you listen to while you game? Otherwise, what are your top 3 songs that you like to listen to while you game?
- If there’s a new habit that you’d like to cultivate, what will it be?
- What’s your favourite book and why?
- Describe your best friend in one paragraph.
- Who is your favourite villain and why?
- If you can have one super power, what will it be and who or what will you use it on or how will you use your power?
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award in no particular order:
Fidelia from Living The Life
Ashraf from Curation of Ideas
Amy from Writing into the Ether
Andrew from Face the Music
Michelle from A Geek’s Girl Guide
Jess from Jess Playin
Ines from Getting Your Geek On
Krysania from Quirkie by Nature
Katie from The Gaming Diaries